The Department of Education is proud to host a biennial Queensland Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) Conference. Previous PBL conferences have attracted delegates from state schools all over Queensland, as well as delegates from interstate and other educational jurisdictions. Keynote speakers have included international experts in the field of positive behaviour support such as George Sugai and Kent McIntosh.
The 2024 Queensland PBL conference will be held from June 19 to 21 at the Cairns Convention Centre. The conference will begin on Wednesday with an optional half day, offering a choice of Master Classes led by expert invited presenters. The 2-day conference event will follow on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 June.
The 2024 conference theme is 'Establishing environments for equity and excellence'.
- Dr Russell Fox, Monash University
- Dr Mary-Louise Hemmeter, Vanderbildt University
- Dr Lisa Mackay-Brown, University of Melbourne
- Dr Kent McIntosh, University of Oregon
- Dr Shiralee Poed, University of Queensland
- Dr Grace Sarra, Queensland University of Technology
- Dr Terry Scott, University of Louisville
- Dr Marnee Shay, University of Queensland
- Dr Brandi Simonsen, University of Connecticut
Conference registrations and calls for abstracts from PBL practitioners and schools will open early in 2024.
Interviews with 2022 speakers
Invited presenters at the 2022 conference shared important messages about PBL.