Schools have different needs and requirements when it comes to the programs and practices that will be relevant to their context. Schools should evaluate programs for their suitability using the following questions:
- What are the outcomes versus effort of implementing this program?
- How is fidelity measured? How will we know if we are implementing correctly?
- What is the cost-benefit of implementing this program?
- How many studies are there showing positive outcomes as a result of this program?
- Did the studies take place in a setting similar to ours?
- What were the results for diverse cultural groups?
- How effective is this program? What results can be expected?
Schools may find the Standards of Evidence (PDF, 276KB) provide further useful guidance in assessing the suitability of programs in their context.